Homework is an integral part of school life at HASJW. The purpose of homework is to give students the opportunity to consolidate their learning from lessons and give students the opportunity to develop their independent study skills. The completion of homework helps students to make excellent progress and is crucial in supporting students in reaching their goals. At HASJW, we strive to ensure that homework is well planned, challenging and worthwhile.
For each subject, homework is set and collected on the same day each week. Students are expected to complete all pieces of homework to the best of their ability. The school library is also open every day after school. It is a quiet space where students can complete their homework.
You can help support your child in the completion of their homework in many ways.
- Ensure your child has a quiet place to do their homework.
- Help your child get into a routine and complete their homework at the same time each evening.
- Check your child’s planner and ask them what homework they have.
- Encourage your child to complete their homework on the day it is set.
- If your child is struggling with a topic, encourage them to their teachers.